PublicAffairsAsia is the network for senior government relations, corporate affairs and corporate communications professionals operating across the Asia Pacific region. It offers news, features, analysis and intelligence on practice and policy through PublicAffairsAsia magazine, online channels, intelligence and events.
Central to the network is PublicAffairsAsia, the quarterly journal published as a review at the end of March, June, September and December. The magazine is read by top-level practitioners operating in MNCs, government agencies, the diplomatic community and NGOs in Asia Pacific and is available on subscription.
PublicAffairsAsia also offers news, content, intelligence and analysis through its white papers and website portal www.publicaffairsasia.com. We also produce The State of the Industry Report, an annual survey-based white paper examining industry trends in the consultancy and in-house fields.
PublicAffairsAsia also operates a series of peer-to-peer learning and networking conferences and roundtables throughout Asia Pacific. These include:
- The China Government Affairs Forum: held annually in Beijing.
- The Corporate Affairs Forum: held annually in Singapore.
- The Public Affairs Dialogue (operated in conjunction with Edelman): held annually in China.
- Executive-level roundtables: held bi-monthly in Beijing, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore and Beijing.
PublicAffairsAsia forums are open to delegate attendees, while executive level roundtables are operated on an invitation only basis.
Through The Gold Standard Awards PublicAffairsAsia showcases excellence in communications, public affairs, sustainability and governmental communications.
For more on The Gold Standard Awards visit the website.
PublicAffairsAsia works wide a wide range of corporations and specialist communications consultancies through its content, events and The Gold Standard Awards programme.
Our sponsors and partners include:
Craig Hoy, Executive Director and Publishing Editor
Craig Hoy is a former managing director of Dods and the former publisher of Public Affairs News and The House Magazine. He is the founding director of PublicAffairsAsia and has worked for organisations including the BBC, The Times and Investment Week. A former Downing Street lobby correspondent, he has over a decade of specialist publishing and editorial experience in the public affairs, communications and government arenas in Europe and Asia. He was educated at Edinburgh University and London's City University. Craig was an inaugural member of the Young Leaders, a group of European, Asian and American under-35s who met to discuss geo-politics after the 9/11 tragedy.
Mark O'Brien, Vice President (Asia Pacific) and Commercial Publisher
Mark O'Brien is a senior public affairs practitioner who has worked for the timber industry and the international express delivery sector, representing multinationals such as Jewsons, Travis Perkins, TNT and FedEx. As chairman of the global wood awards and a board member of the wood.for.good campaign, he acquired a wide ranging insight into corporate communications as well as developing major environmental and CSR projects in the UK, Malaysia and Indonesia. Previously he worked in the UK parliament and for the Red Cross. He is a graduate of Saint Andrews University in Scotland and has worked in mainland Europe and Asia.
In Europe PublicAffairsAsia is supported by:
- Lionel Zetter, Vice President, and author of Lobbying:
The Art of Persuasion.
- Steven Atack, Vice President, and founder of Public Affairs News.
- Steven R.Okun, Director of Public Affairs (Asia Pacific) at K.K.R.
- Julia Ahmad, President of PRCA Malaysia and Managing Director of Hill & Knowlton (SEA) Sdn Bhd.
- Agnes Hui, Group Corporate Communciations Manager for Wharf Limited.
- Owen Ma, Government Affairs Director at PepsiCo in China.
- Dr. Thavirap Tantiwongse, Public Affairs Director at GlaxoSmithKline Thailand
- Sukanti Ghosh, Managing Director APCO Worldwide, India.
- Junie Del Mundo, CEO of EON The Stakeholder Relations Firm.
- Elizabeth Hernandez, VP Government Affairs Asia Pacific & Japan, Hewlett-Packard.
- Paul Mottram, Executive Vice President Asia Pacific, Bite Communications
- Lynne Anne S. Davis, Regional President and Senior Partner, Fleishman-Hillard Asia Pacific.
- Jean Liu, Marketing and Strategy Executive, IBM China.
- Jitender Bhargava, former Executive Director Corporate Communications, Air India.
- Yuan Haiying, President Yuan Associates, Beijing-based government affairs consultancy.
- Scott Kronick, President Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, China.
- Asif Uddin Ahmed, Program Director Economic Empowerment, Care Bangladesh.
- Joe Welch, Senior Vice President Government Relations Asia, News Corporation.
- Carolyn Brehm, Vice President for Global Government Relations, Procter & Gamble.
- Dr Simeon Mellalieu, General Manager, Ketchum Hong Kong.
- Andy Roby, EU Adviser to Indonesia on sustainable forestry.
- Miles Celic, Director Group Public Affairs and Policy, Prudential Plc.
- Mark Michelson, Senior Counselor APCO Worldwide, Chairman IMA Asia's CEO Forum Hong Kong.
- Mark Runacres, Former UK Deputy High Commissioner to India.
- Richard Barton, Managing Partner, Newgate Hong Kong.
- Stephen Forshaw, Managing Director Corporate Affairs, Temasek Holdings.
- Donough Foley, Head of Government and Regulatory Affairs Asia at Qantas.
- John Russell, founder and Managing Director North Head, Beijing.
- Terence Lyons, Managing Director, The Stakeholder Company.
- Bev Postma, Executive Director of Food Industry Asia.
- Christian Schubert, Vice President Corporate Communications Asia Pacific, BASF.